ASHP Award of Excellence
Established in 2005 as the successor to the ASHP Certificate of Appreciation, the ASHP Board of Directors’ Award of Excellence recognizes contributions to excellence in pharmacy practice in acute and ambulatory care settings. The award, which is conferred at the discretion of the ASHP Board of Directors, may be presented annually at the ASHP Summer Meetings or other appropriate function. There is no limit to the number of awards that may be conferred each year.
Geisinger Health System Medication Therapy Disease
Criteria and Eligibility
ASHP members are invited, annually, to suggest nominees in writing with substantiating evidence. The award is intended to recognize an individual or group of individuals for a recent, singular, nationally significant achievement or contribution. Nominations should state:
- How the contribution or achievement advanced the ability of pharmacists in acute or ambulatory care settings to serve the needs of patients, and
- Why the contribution or achievement is of national significance.
Nominees may be pharmacists or non-pharmacists, regardless of practice area or ASHP membership status. Current ASHP Board members and ASHP staff are not eligible.
The deadline for nominations is October 1, 2016. Nominations are to be transmitted electronically using the ASHP Awards Nomination Form. To reference the criteria for the award, please see the 2016 Call for Award Nominations.
If you have any questions about the Awards Program, please contact:
Office of Member Relations
Current and Past Recipients
- 2016 - Geisinger Health System Medication Therapy Disease Management Program
- 2015 - The California Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Members and Staff
- 2013 - RADM Scott Giberson, U.S. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin, and the Primary Editors of "Improving Patient and Health-System Outcomes Through Advanced Pharmacy Practice- A Report to the Surgeon General 2011."
- 2012 - Erin R. Fox
- 2011 - Marie A. Chisolm-Burns
- 2009 - Christopher A. Hatwig
- 2008 - Daniel E. Buffington
- 2007 - J. Lyle Bootman
- 2007- Indian Health Service Pharmacists:
-Michael P. Lee
-Timothy M. Murray
-Ryan R. Schupbach
-Jodi N. Sparkman
-Travis E. Watts
- 2006 - Marvin Shepherd
- 2005 - Jimmy Mitchell